Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Changing the World

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered that the world would not change so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country. But it too seemed immovable


As I grew into my twilight years, in one last attempt, I settled for changing only my family; those closest to me. But alas, they would have none of it.

And now, as age has caught up with me and soon I will leave this world, I suddenly realize that if I had only changed my life first, then by example I would have changed my family. From their inspiration and encouragement, I would have been able to better my country. And who knows, I might have even changed the world.
- The words inscribed on the tomb of an Anglican bishop in Westminster Abby (1100 A.D.)

No comments:

Post a Comment