Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Friday, April 9, 2010

Goodbye Sallie Mae!

Today I made the last and final payment to Sallie Mae.  It feels kind of strange actually. I have been making monthly payments to Sallie Mae for since I graduated in 2004.  I don't think I will miss them though.
For the past few weeks, I have been working about 50-60 hours a week.  I have been called a work-a-holic by some and crazy by others, but today it all became worth it.
She has officially been kicked out of our back bedroom FOREVER.
We are not debt free by any stretch of the imagination. We still have Steve's student loans to pay on, but this is a success on the journey.  I'm so excited to finally be done.  During the past few Budget Committee Meetings between Steve and I, I could see the number falling and it started to make me angry that it wasn't gone yet.  A healthy anger, of course.

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” – Phil 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment