Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vacation Fun!

Last week, I took a few vacation days.  I realized a few weeks ago that I don't have many real crafty skills.  I love to scrapbook but that's really all I'm really confident with.  My Grandma was in town this week for my brother's fiance's shower, so I decided that I would ask her to teach to me how to do something.  She gave me some private lessons on blanket making on Wednesday.  Crotcheting is a lot harder than it looks.  Wednesday night was my brother's fiance's Bridal Shower.  That was pretty fun.  Eleven days and counting and little brother will be married.

On Thursday and Friday, I drove back over to my parents house for another crotcheting lesson and some more practice.  I started my project but I'm not far on it yet.  I had all day to work on it and practice some more.  It's pretty exciting that I'm actually creating something. I hope it turns out really good.  Thursday and Friday night, I had to work at Sears.

Saturday and Sunday, Steve and I requested off from Sears because we were going to go camping with his brother but those plans fell through.  Steve found out this week that one of friends from back in Lima passed away last week, so on Saturday we drove three hours to Lima and spent a few hours there and then drove three hours back home.  We did stop at the Elkhart County fair on the way home, so that was fun. 

On Sunday since we had the day off, we went to church then we went to Potato Creek for some relaxation.  We went Paddle Boating on the lake for about an hour and a half.  It was so peaceful just relaxing out on the lake.  I had forgotten how much I loved Potato Creek.  It was Steve's first time there. I think he enjoyed the experience.  I love that Sears has been giving me Sundays off lately.  Having Sundays off gives us an actual day off from both jobs, so we have time to do fun things like go to the fair or go boating at Potato Creek.  It's also a good day to destress from the week and catch up on cleaning the house.

My Grandma lent us the book The Shack this week and I loved it.  The imagery in just made the pictures jump out of the book.  It starts with such a heart-breaking story, but it ends as a story of hope.  Even in our deepest hurts when we are angry with God it does not mean that God has left us.  God does not cause hurts, but sometimes he uses them.

"Forgiveness is not about forgetting. It is about letting go of another person's throat......Forgiveness does not create a relationship. Unless people speak the truth about what they have done and change their mind and behavior, a relationship of trust is not possible. When you forgive someone you certainly release them from judgment, but without true change, no real relationship can be established.........Forgiveness in no way requires that you trust the one you forgive. But should they finally confess and repent, you will discover a miracle in your own heart that allows you to reach out and begin to build between you a bridge of reconciliation.........Forgiveness does not excuse anything.........You may have to declare your forgiveness a hundred times the first day and the second day, but the third day will be less and each day after, until one day you will realize that you have forgiven completely. And then one day you will pray for his wholeness......"
— William P. Young (The Shack)

No comments:

Post a Comment