Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Family Biggest Loser

My family is starting a "Family Biggest Loser" contest.  It should be fun.  Steve and I just bought an exercise bike from Sears a few weeks ago, so should really help us.  The bike was on sale, plus our discount, plus Friends and Family Night, so we got a good deal on it.  Steve has actually gotten up early and rode on the bike a little almost every morning since we got it.  We got it mostly because Steve is trying really hard to lower his cholesterol and our doctor wants him to lose about 50 pounds.  This contest should be even more encouragement for us.  We are pretty competive and so we really want to win.  Hopefully Kroger has fruits and veggies on sale this week.  We will be stocking up.  I'm not really a morning person, so I mostly ride it after work in the evening.  We put it in the living room, so we can ride it even while we watch TV.  :o)   
Hopefully all the Aunts, Uncles and cousins will get involved.  I have a pretty great family, so this should be fun.  The contest starts today and ends on December 24th, so I guess that means Thanksgiving will be more healthy this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment