Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, November 8, 2010

Join a Special Group of Women!

I love this time of year. The leaves are changing into beautiful colors and there is such a spirit of giving everywhere.  People wake up every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas and seem to realize there are poor and hurting around us.  They will go out of their way and give and I love it.  I sometimes wonder though, if those people realize that the poor and hurting are with us in this community the other ten months of the year, as well.
I would like to suggest that this year be different.  Become a Women of Vision for the YWCA North Central Indiana.  Join a select group of women who are changing the world one family at a time. YWCA Women of Vision help provide the resources needed to care for women and children in need in our community.   You can give a one time lump sum donation or you can spread your pledge monthly throughout the year.  If you can't give much, that's ok because every little bit helps to provide a safe shelter and resources for the 1300 women and children we serve every year.

If you have any questions, please contact Peggy King at 574-231-9491 X307 or email her at pking@ywcancin.org.

You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9:11

No comments:

Post a Comment