Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Visit to Columbus, OH

Steve and I took a trip this weekend to Columbus, OH for his brother Kenny's graduation from the Ohio Police Academy.  Now Steve has two brothers that are cops.  We left Thursday in the early evening and drove the 5 hours to Columbus.  We are actually staying in a hotel in Dublin, which is a suburb of Columbus.

Steve, of course, loves being back in Ohio.  After the graduation, we walked around The Ohio State University campus.  I had never seen it, so it was cool to be there.  I bet it's crazy there on game days. I, unfortunately, did not wear very good walking shoes so we didn't walk for very long.  We even went to Walmart to get me some new shoes, since the dressy shoes were the only ones I brought.

 I love the stained glass "O" behind us.  It's really pretty.  The most fun thing about these pictures on campus is that complete strangers took the pictures for us.  We walked up and they were talking pictures of people that we though was their family, but I guess they didn't know them either.  People in Ohio are so friendly.
This morning, we met with one of Steve's friends for breakfast and later this afternoon we are going to be meeting with Steve's old youth pastor. Weather here is really beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment