Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

New Hope Presbyterian Church, SC Trip

Steve had a great trip down to South Carolina this past weekend.  I was not able to go with him because of my work schedule.  He flew out of Chicago to Atlanta on Friday morning.  Our great friend, Damian, drove him to the airport and got him safely on the plane.  His mom picked him up from the airport in Atlanta.

 
His final stop was Abbeville, South Carolina.  He was traveling down there to speak on Sunday morning at New Hope Presbyterian Church.  I wasn't with him, but he tells me that he had a great time meeting new people and telling the stories of our ministry.  He spoke at the fellowship meal after the service about how Bible translation can really have an impact on people's lives because they can understand God's word in a way they didn't before.  

He got to see some family that he hadn't seen in awhile that live down there too.  Overall, he said it was a great trip.

I wish I could have been there with him, but I was stuck at home to work.  I did have some fun outside of work, like shopping with my sister and some gardening (light work, of course).

Steve flew home on Monday and we relaxed for the evening with dinner and a rented movie at home.  I was glad he was back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment