Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Cookies

Christmas used to my favorite holiday but working retail has just made Christmas stressful.  Working retail makes it hard to enjoy the holidays.  I miss the days when Christmas was about celebrating with friends and family and focusing on the birth of Jesus.  At some point, Christmas has become about shopping with retail stores working their employees more and more.


We also had our first loss right after the holidays, almost three years ago.  It's hard not to remember that we are seven days away from the 3rd anniversary of our first BFP.  We are so blessed to have our beautiful rainbow.  I'm more thankful and love her more everyday.  She is our miracle baby and this time of year is a great reminder of that.

I want Anne to remember Christmas as a joyous time with friends and family, but that's hard to do when she goes days without seeing her dad because he is working so many hours.  Steve is such a hard worker and I appreciate all the overtime he is working so we can keep our bills paid but I miss him being home.

Today was probably the first day this Christmas season that I truly enjoyed the festivities.  My great friend, Stacey, came over and we spent the day making Christmas cookies.  It was so much fun and we had some great conversations while baking too.  We may have made a mess in the kitchen, but it was worth it.  We made five different kinds of cookies, plus some homemade white chocolate peppermint hot chocolate.  Yum... I'm so thankful for great friends.

Special thank you to my mom for coming over to play with Anne while we baked.  She is sleeping now, like any good baby should be doing at midnight.  Her mommy should be sleeping too.  She had a busy, fun-filled day today.  Tomorrow, more fun in the works, we are traveling to Toledo to spend Christmas with Steve's extended family.
 
 Anne did get to help decorate her own sugar cookie.  She loved it. 
  
“Is any pleasure on earth as great as a circle of Christian friends by a good fire?” (or in our case a stove)
~ CS Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment