Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Saturday, July 14, 2007

I'm glad God is in control

I'm so glad that God is in control and I'm not or I would be going crazy right now. Steve and I have been a tight budget the last few months because rent where we live is really high. We are on a waiting list at another place right now and we are hoping to get in their in a few months. This week the YWCA found out that it is losing almost 300,000 in federal and state grant funding for the next fiscal year which started July 1st. Due the lower funding, the YWCA had to cut some positions completely and cut hours for others. Luckily, Steve and I only got our hours cut but our benefits arent affected. Which is good because I cant afford for us to lose insurance, especially if I want to do the physical therapy for my shoulder. Steve is going to be going down to only 4 days. This is going to cut a few hundred dollars from our monthly budget. Please pray for us as we try to figure out where the money is going to come from. Steve is thinking about getting a part time job or doing some on the side handy-man work to make some extra money.

I know I should feel down and discouraged, but I feel relaxed about this. I trust that God is in control. I can see God all over it. God helped us keep our jobs and only get hours cut and He is helping get money from other places. Steve and I have been messing around with some "pay to read email" websites and we found some that really work. Last week, I received a $50 gift card from Walmart and $25 gift card for Walgreens. That helped us tremendously with groceries. It may be a few really long months for us until we get into the new places, and maybe a little after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment