Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

When You Feel Like You Failed

Oasis was a bit hectic tonight. I had to kick out my first student tonight. In 8 years, I have never had to kick out one of my students. It was pretty heartbreaking.
I know I shouldn't feel like I failed because I did all I could, but I can't help it. Did I miss something? Was there something she wanted to talk to me about that I missed? Where is her anger coming from?

I only had 2 students in my group tonight. After the one went home, I talked to the other student about what happened. I assured her that I had no ill feelings for the students. I just had to enforce the Oasis rule about respecting the leaders. At Oasis, we take dispecting leaders very seriously.

I am really proud of the remaining students. She is an incredible student and I hope she realizes that she has control over her future.
"Show me your friends and I will show you you future" - Judy Gregory

I threw the Eagles Nest guide out tonight (sorry Johnny) and we just talked about life.
The remaining student prayed us out an the end of the night. I hope she knows how much I wished tonight would have been different.

1 comment:

  1. yeah my students apparently had heard about it and it branched our discussion too. It was a good night for us.

    ReplyDelete