Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend Fun: Date Night, Stripping Wallpaper, Ohio State



Steve and I decided to go on a long overdue date night on Friday. I can't even remember the last movie we saw in the theater. We received a gift card to Olive Garden for a gift, so we decided to go there. We also has a coupon for Olive Garden, so that kinda sealed the decision. We both had the Never Ending Pasta Bowls. They were very tasty. I love that resturant, but we don't get to go out very often. After dinner, we went to the Dollar Theater and saw the movie UP. That movie was so cute. It actually started out really sad. The whole movie is about the man's desire to keep a promise he made to his wife. A little Wilderness Scout goes with him along for the journey. I won't spoil the ending for you, in case you haven't seen it, but it's so worth going to see. Very fun! I give it 2 Thumbs WAY UP! haha. No pun intended, of course.

On Saturday, Steve had to go into work and clean the carpets. When he got home, we finished stripping the wallpaper in the "Ohio State Room." The wallpaper has completely removed from the wall. Now we just have to prime and paint the walls. I can't wait to be done with the room. Hopefully, we get it done before the season is over. I think Steve wants to be able to watch a game while sitting in the "Ohio State Room."
While we were we working on the room, we were listening the Michigan/Notre Dame game on the radio. Michigan won in the last few minutes. We were both very happy.

The Ohio State game ended, unfortunetly, just about the same way. Last year, USC killed Ohio State so it was nice to Ohio State ahead for a good part of the game. Both teams fought very hard, but unfortunetly OSU lost in the last few minutes when USC got a touchdown and managed to win by 3 points. I was hoping OSU would be able to get back within field goal range and tie it up...but they didn't. :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment