Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, April 11, 2011

Sears Hometown Store Grand Opening Weekend

This weekend was a great weekend.  Saturday was the South Bend Sears Hometown Store's Grand Opening.  I worked from 9am to almost 6:30pm.  We were really busy, which is great.  I loved watching all the people supporting the new store.  I was surprised that I didn't see anyone from the other Sears come and support the new.  It's privately owned family business, so when you shop at the Hometown Store you are supporting a local family and the couple that owns the store is super-nice.  Anything that is available at the mall Sears can be ordered into the Hometown Store, so instead of going to the mall you should come to the Hometown Store on South Michigan. :o)  I was pretty exhausted when I got off work.  I thought the day went really smoothly.  After work on Saturday, I had to babysit for the girls.  Saturday was also my dad's birthday, so I picked up the girls and brought them to my parent's house and we had some dinner and birthday brownie. 

Sunday was another busy work day for me.  We got up and went to small group before church.  Then Steve stayed at church, but I had to go to work at Sears.  Steve decided on Saturday night that he wanted to have a cookout on Sunday for his birthday, so while I was at work he had to invite people and get things set up.  We had to babysit again on Sunday and since I had to work till 4 and Shere has to leave for work at 2, Steve volunteered to watch the girls for a few hours all by himself until I got off work.  He survived the craziness of two little girls just fine.  When I got home, I took the girls and we did some cookout shopping while Steve went to go pick up Damian from the airport.  The girls and I bought some chicken, hot dogs, and chips.  We even got some cake and ice cream.  I think were excited to help pick out what we were going to eat.  We got home and I cleaned up the house and got it ready for the cookout and girls played outside in the front yard.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day yesterday.  It was a perfect day for a cookout. 

Today is Steve's birthday!  Happy Birthday to my amazing husband!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steve checked our Bridget's blog and saw you were celebrating. Happy Birthday a little late. Hope it was awesome as you and Bridget are. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete