Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I love Summer!

Steve and I had a somewhat productive weekend.  We both had to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  We don't usually work on Sunday, so it was strange that we were both scheduled.  I like the extra hours though.  Saturday, I also helped a friend move after work.  Sunday, I was pretty sore after that.
We did manage to get some stuff done around the house this weekend though.  The weather was just beautiful this weekend.  It was hot and sunny and I like that much more than cold and rainy.  Summer is very close to my favorite season and it looks like summer is here finally.  We actually broke down and turned the air conditioning on in the house this weekend.  The fans just weren't cutting it with the humidity.
Steve used the great weather to get the garage cleaned up and organized.  It looks great.  I turned the sprinkler on to water the flowers in our backyard that my amazing mom planted and then decided since the water was on I might as well wash my car.  I even vacuumed it out.  It looks very nice. 
I'm still working on getting garage sale stuff together.  I have filled my car up twice now and am starting to bring stuff over to my parent's house.  I have tried to advertise in all free places I can think of.  I am hoping for a very successful sale because our Emergency Fund took a big hit last week when we took my car into the shop.  It was making some weird noises and shaking really hard when we were driving on the bypass.  So now the Focus has some brand new tires, a new tire rod, and a few other things were done.  Overall, it was a relaxing and productive weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment