Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Survived Turning 30

I turned 30 over the weekend on Saturday.  It was a beautiful weekend.  Steve and I went out for my birthday dinner on Friday night after I got off work.  We decided to try somewhere that we had never been before.  We tried The Flat Top Grill in Mishawaka.  It was pretty good.  Basically, they give you a bowl and you fill it up with all the veggies and meat that you want and pour some sauce on top and they stir-fry it all up for you.  I actually decided to live a little and get strawberry lemonade, instead of my normal water.  Hey, you only turn 30 once. :o)
Since we were in the mall, we walked around Barnes and Noble and looked at the clearance tables and see if there are any books that we want to read.   I wanted to try the new yogurt shop in Granger, but it wasn't open yet.

Friday and Saturday was my parent's neighborhood garage sale.  Friday I sat at my parent's in the morning, but then I had to go to work at Sears until 7.  Saturday, I requested off from Sears so I sat at the sale all day with my mom and our friend, Sue.  Steve and I love to go garage saleing.  We were pretty successful at our sale.  We seemed busier on Friday, then on Saturday but Steve and I sold a bunch of stuff.  My mom said between all the families involved in our sale we made over $400.  Steve and I walked around the blocks to see what everyone else was sellling.  We didn't find much to buy, but Steve did find some tools.  It was a beautiful weekend for a garage sale.  We heard that it rained in other areas on Mishawaka, but it didn't rain at all in Reverewood.

Sunday was Father's Day.  Since I took Saturday off work for the garage sale, I had to work on Sunday.  We were kind of busy with shoppers, possible some last minute Father's Day presents.  I got off work at 4 and when I got home Steve was doing yard work.  Then we went over to my parent's for Father's Day dinner.  I love having such a tight-nit family that live so close to each other, so we can get together so often.  I saw my family on Thursday when I was bringing things over for the garage sale, Friday and Saturday during the sale, and on Sunday for Father's Day.  I will see them tonight at Trivia Night too.
I'm looking forward to the next decade.  It should full of new and exciting adventures.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment