Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wycliffe Application Process Continues

I think I had a pretty productive night tonight.  First, I started dinner in the crock pot.  I'm making some Italian Country Ribs.  They should be great.  Then I started some laundry, folded it, and put it away.  The last load is currently in the dryer.  Then I started some dishes in the dishwasher.  I love the feeling of accomplishing stuff and getting the house clean.  It still needs some work, but it's a start.

Steve and I have about 20 days left to finish our Wycliffe application.  The only part that we have left to do is the summary of our Church Interview.  It was a dinner interview, so I had to cook for everybody.  I made some Parmesan Chicken and they turned out great.  I made some rice, corn, and fruit salad to go with the chicken.  Lance and John said if I wasn't good for Wycliffe, I was definetly good at making chicken.  I thought the interview went great.  It was neat and helpful to meet with someone who had actually grew up as a missionary kid.  I think we interviewed them as much as they were interviewing us.  We discussed everything from raising kids to partnership building.  Now the only thing we have to wait for is one more reference for me to come in and we are done with the application.  Once our application team looks over our application, we can move forward in the process. The next step is to be assigned a ministry location and start our Equip training.  This has been a long application process.
Baked Parmesan Chicken! Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment