We are officially Wycliffe members. It was a really long application process, but we are finally accepted. The country of Cameroon has invited us to serve with them. We will be living in the capital city of Younde. "Cameroon enjoys relatively high political and social stability. It also has a more prosperous economy than most of the countries in sub-Saharan Africa, exporting raw materials such as oil and timber, as well as abundant agricultural products including coffee, cotton and cocoa."
"The tropical coastal areas of Cameroon receive copious amounts of rain, in some years the rain has exceeded 30 feet. In the northern areas, yearly precipitation amounts are much lower, averaging near 30 inches. Drought is a way of life in the far north.
Daily highs in the mid-80's are commonplace, and overall, mean temperatures average in the high 70's; slightly warmer in the south, and a bit cooler in the western mountains."
Some Fun Facts about Cameroon
* Population: 18,897,957
* Capital City: Yaoundé (1.4 million)
* Largest Cities: Douala, Yaoundé, Garoua, Kousséri
* Currency: CFA Franc
* Languages: French (official), English (official), and other African dialects
* National Day: 20 May, Republic Day
* Religions: Christian, Muslim, traditional beliefs