Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What a Great Weekend!

Even though I had to work Saturday, it was a great weekend.  Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day.  I woke up feeling rested and hopeful for the future.  I can see bright things ahead.  The sun was shining bright and we had our first Wycliffe presentation at church.  We were both pretty nervous, so I hope it went okay.  Our small group has been so supportive of us and feel privileged to be sent out by such a great group of people.  We have another small presentation with a pastor in Plymouth tomorrow.  Hopefully, that will go well too.

I actually didn't have to work after church.  Shocking, I know!  We spent the rest of the day just relaxing at home.  


I sat outside in the sun and read a book that I've been trying to read since January.  With all the crazy stress going on since the beginning of the year and working so much, I just haven't had the time or energy to sit and read.  I also decided on Sunday that my car was badly in need of a bath and yard looked thirsty.  So now my car is all clean and front yard has been watered.  Of course, because I did that it rained on Sunday night. :o( Oh well, now the back yard is watered too. Sunday evening, Steve and I used a gift card and went to see The Avengers in theater.  I actually liked the movie.  It was a little slow starting, but the end I thought was pretty well done.  It just proves that you can make a good movie without a bunch of foul language and unnecessary violence.

It was great to have a day to just to relax and forget all stress.  There are things that happen to you in life that make you realize what's really important.  This weekend, just a relaxing evening with Steve, was important.

No comments:

Post a Comment