Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Refreshing Weekend


Steve and Adrian surprised Erin and I with tickets to the WFRN Friend Fest for our birthday.  He even called my boss at my weekend job to ask her to give me some time off.  Friday, I had to work until 7 so missed Day 1 of the concert, so instead we went to the Mishawaka Summer Fest.  It's not a big festival, but I love that city puts in on every year.  It's a chance to get together with friends for some fair food, games, and fireworks and admission is free. 

We watched some fireworks with my sister and her new husband and my best friend and her beautiful girls.
Happy 7th Birthday to the amazing Cadence!  These girls love Steve so much and he loves them too.


We are so blessed to have such great friends and family around us.  On Saturday, I had to work until 3 then Steve picked me up and we met Erin and Adrian at the WFRN Friend Fest.  Oh my gosh, it was just a great concert.  We got there and ate some tasty food for dinner.  Erin found some great seats and we watched Jamie Grace, then Peter Furler with Phil Joel.  Yes, that really happened.  It was like a Newsboys reunion.  That was definitely the best part of the concert for me.  I grew up listening to the Newsboys, so that was fun.  I'm sure even Baby Pitney was dancing around to the music.  Toby Mac was the headliner and he came on stage at about 9pm.  Toby Mac is definitely a great entertainer.  His music got a little loud at times, but it was still fun to be there dancing and worshiping God with thousands of my "friends."  I was exhausted on the way home, but I woke up this morning so refreshed from the great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment