Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 22 Update/Anatomy Scan




I'm sure that someone is waiting for updates and "bump pictures."  I was pretty anxious to put up any updates until after our Anatomy Scan.  We had a great appointment on Monday morning.  I was a little anxious about it because Steve found out at the last minute that he would have to work.  He had a volunteer group showing up at YWCA that he had to assist.  My amazingly wonderful mom went with me though, so I didn't have to go alone.  Steve has been to every pregnancy related appointment of mine except for one, so I'm sad that he had to miss this one.  I had my mom video the whole appointment on my phone so Steve could feel like he was there.  I have tons of pictures too.


Baby Pitney is a perfectly healthy baby, weighing 1 pound.  The OB had no concerns at all.  She said the baby was feisty and kept putting its arm in front of its face when she was trying to check out its face.

I know that I am so incredibly blessed.  

How big is baby?:

Your baby's the size of a Papaya!

During month five, the average fetus measures about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces.


  • Now that he's got more developed eyes and lips, he's looking even more like a newborn.
  • He's sleeping in cycles -- about 12 to 14 hours per day (hint: they're probably those times you're not feeling any kicks!).

Any appointments or updates this week?: Just the Anatomy Scan.  This is the appointment when we could find out the gender, but Steve wants to be surprised.  So for now, we are Team Green.

Maternity clothes?: I have been wearing stretchy and maternity pants since about week 10 or 11.  I did get really comfy maternity shirts at a garage sale two weeks ago for 50 cents each.  Score!  I love dresses the most right now because they are just comfy.

Best moment last week?: This week has been a roller coaster of emotions.  I started feeling more consistent flutters this week.  It's a pretty cool feeling.

What I'm looking forward to?: Holding my perfect baby.  The answer to this question will probably be pretty consistent.

Introducing Baby Pitney: Age 22 weeks



3 comments:

  1. I was honored to be with you today. it was very special to see the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok some how I missed this. CONGRATSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We are feeling very blessed to have *hopefully* our rainbow on the way.

      Delete