Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, July 28, 2014

Prairie Camp 2014

Day 1: "The more you depend on what it's your hand, the less your will receive from God's hand"

Day 2:

Matthew 6:5-6 - Where is your place that you go to be alone with God in prayer?

***Some gifts can only be found alone with God in prayer.***
You can hear when you are alone. There are no competing voices. There is no pretending in the closet.  You can't fake out God.

Matthew 11:28-30 - Alone with Him I find rest.  When I'm rested, I remember who's God and who's not. 

***Alone with Him I find my direction.***
His agenda may be different then mine.  Sometimes God changes your plans so He can spend time with you.  Some of the best times with God are unplanned.

One of the things that happens when you are alone with Him, you are yoked to Jesus.

***Alone with Him my character is conformed to His.***
The source of my unrest is my forcefulness and my pride.  The journey to true rest is patience and humility. (Acts 4)
You get filled with the fruits of spirit.

***Alone with Him I'm moved by His heart.***
vs. 30 - When it's His heart, it becomes light.

No comments:

Post a Comment