Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, August 9, 2007

I Hit a Milestone: 100,000

My beloved car now has 100,000 miles on it. It's a 2001 Black Ford Focus. I was sitting here thinking of all the exciting things my car has seen in it's life. I bought it in September 2004 so I dont know what it was doing before that.

Since I've had the car, it's:


  • Been hit by a deer
  • Rear ended in a snow storm
  • Taken countless trips from Fazoli's to Home
  • Drove me to Oasis every Wednesday night
  • Drove around South Bend for GCC's food drops
  • Drove myself and student's around to various Oasis events
  • Been to Wisconsin many times to visit family
  • Been driven by Damian around South Bend and Chicago when he borrowed it
  • Gone to various places in Ohio, including Toledo, Cincinnati area, Lima, and others.
  • Taken many trips to Wakarusa and back to Mishawaka
  • Helped Steve move his stuff to my apartment after we got married
  • Driven to YWCA and back home
  • Moved me into and out of Bethel with my stuff packed in it several times
  • Drove down to Indy to see Steve's brother become an Officer in the Army
  • Kept Kariana safe in her car seat on trips to the park
  • Drove 4000 miles in ten days on a road trip Steve and I took a few summers ago. Steve and I drove from here to Illinios, then to Tulsa, Oklahoma, then to Arlington, TX, then to the Grand Canyon, then to Alpine, AR, back to Tulsa, OK, then back home.
  • and so much more

I think it has had a good long life. I only hope that it has a much longer life. I gave it a nice cleaning for the occasion. I vacuumed it out and made it look really nice. Steve and I are only down to one car right now, so I hope there are many many more years of life in my Ford Focus.

1 comment:

  1. tell the Focus "Happy Birthday" for me :). p.s. It's also been driven by Greg many times too.
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete