Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, August 6, 2007

What a Busy Weekend!

This weekend started at 6:30 on Saturday morning. Steve's brother, Kenny, graduated from being a Staff Sargeant in the army to being a Warrant officer. There was a graduation ceremony at 10:30 in Indy. Steve and I had to leave our apartment at about 6:30 to get there in time. After the ceremony, Kenny, his wife, their daughter, Steve's dad and step-mom, Steve and I went out to lunch at Fridays.

We started to drive home and arrived back in Mishawaka around 6. We watched some 24 episodes. I love that show. Steve and I have been watching 24 every Monday since Season 3 and now we are renting Seasons 1 & 2 to watch what we missed. It's pretty fun. We ate dinner at about 10 then went to bed shortly after that.

Sunday, started with church at Gospel Center at 10:30. My mentor and friend, Judy, is in now from Atlanta this weekend. Jeanne Mayo is doing an event in Indy this week so Judy got to take a trip up to Mishawaka on the way. Today is her birthday so I must add a HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY! A bunch of Oasis leaders planned a cook-out for Judy on Sunday afternoon. So after church we huried home to make a desert to bring to the cookout and then headed over the celebration. There was alot of the people in the McFarland's house. It was a good time.

My best friend, Liz and her husband Ben we were also in town this weekend from Tulsa. Ben's family was having a family get-together this weekend so Ben's mom paid to have them flown here. Steve and I got to see them on the way home from the cookout. It was good to see them.
After we got home, I went grocery shopping and then we watched some more 24, ate dinner, then went to sleep.
I'm pretty tired today, but it was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment