Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Sunday, September 23, 2007

What will you do today?

I have been thinking and processing my role in Oasis this year for a few weeks now. I want to take my students deeper than I did last year. Last year I got to my know my girls and they got to know eachother. This year, I want to draw them in to who Jesus really is. No more surface relationships. No more casual Christianity.

Last week Corey knocked it out of the park. He said, "The abilities we are given are gifts from God, but we do with those gifts are our gift back to him." How many times have I seen an opportunity to serve and not done it because I was afraid of what people would think? How many times have I seen someone hurting or in need and just walked by?

What can I do today to serve someone else?

1 comment: