Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Friday, October 12, 2007

Wake Up Parents!


I found a website from Corey's blog: http://parentsareclueless.com/

I read some of the confessions on the site and some just made me sad, but I can't say I was surprised.

"I watched you Mom, that's why I lost my virginity at 14 and have added quite a few guys to that list since then. Now that I am an adult, I see that I don't want to be anything like you, but more like Jesus. I wish that you would have made a bigger deal out of Jesus than your boyfriends."

"I've been down at college for two-and-a-half years and my mom still brags to people that I don't party. I do... a lot."

"Dad, i love you, but for once could you tell me that i messed up with out yelling at me and making me feel like a complete idiot?"

"Just please be honest with me! I need to know what "mistakes" you made in your past and I need to see the consequences that came with them if you don't want me to make the same mistakes."

"my parents would die if they knew i keep my weed in the cieling of their bedroom."

"I wonder if you would love me if you saw my report card before I changed the grades."

There are a few things that I have learned doing Middle School ministry for the last 8 years.
Students may not listen to a thing you say, but they are watching everything you do. Lead by example! Where goes the leaders, so goes the students.- Judy Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment