Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Update!

I looked at the calendar earlier and realized that it has been some time before I have updated this. It has been a pretty busy few weeks. This weekend at church Rob was talking about we should try not to be so busy. He has told that message so many and everytime I hear it I realize how right he is.
I don't have to be working two jobs right now but I am. The 12 hour days have actually gotten easier as the weeks go on. Steve and I have a goal to be have no more credit card debt within 2 years. I think we can do it if we keep on the path we are on right now. It has taken some discipline. We don't go out to eat nearly as much as we used to. Steve is thinking about taking on a second job after we move, as well. We have an apartment available but they haven't given us a move-in date yet.
The worst part of having to work 2 jobs is I have to miss Oasis on Wednesday nights. I love my girls more then they will ever know. I had so many plans for this year. Part of feels like I'm totally abandoning my girls. I know they will be in good hands with another leader and I'm still accessible via the internet, but it's not the same. I'm hoping that i will still be able to do some events. I don't know how the Temp Job is going to last so I probably won't miss the whole year. Right now I'm just taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment