"What are five things I want my kids to know before they grow up?"
A few people in my circle of influence have started a "tag game", I guess. They answering the above question. My pal Corey Mann put his in songs, which doesn't surprise me since he loves music so much. I thought it would be fun to answer the question with my own songs. Even though I don't have kids, I am thinking back on all the things I have learned in my years of middle school ministry. I realized the other day that I have been doing ministry long enough that I have former 6th graders in their 2nd year of college. Yikes. I sometimes think back and wonder if I made any kind of difference in their lives. I hope so.
I thought of more than just 5, but oh well. It's my blog I get to make the rules, right? :0)
1. Wait For Me by Rebecca St. James
2. Someone Like You by Jamie Slocum
3. We by Joy Williams
4. Mirror by Barlowgirl
5. American Dream by Casting Crowns
7. The Last to Be Chosen by Ray Boltz
8. Small Enough by Nichole Nordeman
9. Bless the Broken Road by Rascall Flatts
10. I'm With You By Avril Lavigne
11. If We are the Body By Casting Crowns
12. Tommorrow by Annie
13. Revolutionary Love by David Crowder Band
14. Her by Everyday Sunday
15. Sometimes He Calms the Storm by Scott Krippayne
Most importantly every child needs to know they matter to God and that they matter to you!