Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When it Rains it Pours

Last night was a new experience for me. I was sitting on the couch getting ready to take a nap and watch some mindless TV. Steve had just left to help a friend/Sears Co-Worker fix his washing machine, when all of a sudden I heard what sounded like a shower coming from our laundry room. I first thought maybe Beth was in the shower and the shower was leaking through the floor. Nope that wasn't it.
Our waterheater had sprung leak and was spraying water all over the place. Luckilly, the waterheater is behind a small door, so most of the water was contained inside the room. The door has slits in it though, so the water was coming through the slits and under the door. Beth came down stairs because she wondered what was going on and we started putting towels on the floor so we could keep the water from spreading all over the apartment. I called Southmore After-Hours Service and they said they would send someone over. Then I called Steve and he came home quickly to help me figure out how to turn off the waterheater. Apparently the nipple on the waterheater had broke, so Southmore fixed it when they finally got there. Southmore brought a ShopVac with them and vacuumed up most of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment