Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, March 24, 2011

My New Job Starts Tomorrow


View Larger Map
I get to start my new part time job tomorrow.  Who knew that I could be unfairly fired from the Sears in the mall, then go work for the Sears Homestore in South Bend?  I'm excited about it though.  I already have some knowledge about the stuff I will be selling and it's a family-owned business.  They close at 7pm during the weeks, so I will only be working on the Friday and Saturdays, and possibly some Sundays but not many. It's a pretty new store and they don't feel like the have the business yet for me to be on commission like I was at the mall, so I will be hourly instead.  I don't know yet what the hourly amount will be, but I trust it will be fair.  The new location is on Michigan St, just north of Ireland.  The Grand Opening is April 9th, so I hope all my friends and family can make it to support me and the new store.

I have a second interview next Tuesday for a part time job that would be Monday-Thursday evenings and Saturdays for 20 hours a week.  It's for 4-C's in South Bend and it's a data entry job that feels like it will be very similar to what I'm doing at the YWCA now and they even said I could work some from home.  My mom used to have an at-home day care with 4-C's and the lady I had my first interview with actually remembered my mom.  I feel a little overwhelmed at the thought of potentially working three jobs.  I will definitely have to get my time organized, so I don't work myself to death. 


Am I crazy? Possibly, but I don't see it as my life forever.  I figure if I work like a crazy person now when Steve and I start a family, I won't have to work as much.  I really want to be able to stay home for as long as I can after the child is born.  I also really want to pay off our debt.

I was so stressed and angry when I lost my job at Sears, but it seems like things are really coming together.  It's been a long few weeks, but I'm ready for the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment