Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, March 28, 2011

Is There Other Life Out There?


This is the Core of the Milky Way
 Is there really life out there somewhere?  I'm reading a book right now called, "Is Mars Inhabitable" and it got me thinking.  Could there be life on another planet out there somewhere?  We serve an almighty God with infinite power and wisdom.  Do you ever wonder if He created another solar system just like ours billions of light years away that we haven't discovered yet with planets just like ours and with people just like us?  I wonder if they have the same hopes and dreams that we have?  I wonder if they have turned their back on God like we have so many times.  I wonder if God is weeping for His children and calling them back to Him too?  I wonder if they are looking up to the heavens and wondering if there is other life out there.  I wonder...
When I was in Junior High, I thought it would be fun to be an Astronomer or an Astronaut.  I loved science and the beauty of the night sky was always breath taking to me.  I thought it would be really cool to go into space and witness the majesty of God's creation.  Obviously, life took me in other directions, but I still love to be still with nature.
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."  Genesis 1:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment