Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Friday, September 9, 2011

Our Crazy Week

Care Bears sleeping after a long day or coloring pages and making clipart!It looks like we have survived our crazy work week so far.  Steve and I both worked almost 60 hours this week between our two jobs.  I didn't think we would make it through.  I am so tired today.  I can't remember the last day I had off from both jobs.  Steve actually had the day off today from both jobs.  I hope he had a great and relaxing day.  He really needed a day off.  He was getting pretty tired.  He actually worked more than I did because a kid at Sears decided on Saturday that he didn't want to come in to work, so Steve picked up some unscheduled hours.  If we had the extra money, I would say we needed to take a vacation, but maybe someday soon we will take a "stay-cation." 
I am definitely thankful that Steve and I both have great jobs.  There are so many people out there that don't have any jobs.  God has certaintly been providing for us with all the budget cuts at the YWCA.  The upside of all the work is we have the money we need to house repairs and we can throw the extra towards paying off Steve's student loan.   The downside is that I'm so tired all the time and we don't get the spend very much time with friends or family or each other.  I do love getting together with my family every Tuesday for Trivia Night at Mancino's and we did have some much needed time with friends on Labor Day.  I even made ribs for the first time all by myself because Steve was at work.  We really need to do that more often.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bridget and Steve,
    Reading your blog. Sounds like you two are very busy. Don't over do. I am so glad you are practicing Dave Ramseys principles. They work well. We pd. off all our debt before we moved except house. We were able to get furniture and a new used van. We ended up getting 15,000 more for our house in SB than we pd. for it. And we got the people here to lower the cost of this house15,000. So we were able to buy a little better house. Thanks for your part in helping us with paint, and lights. Dave has a new book out that is very good on EntreLeadership. You can apply the principles of that to a job, church, parenting, worker at a job etc. He is conducting seminars on that book too. Sure does give good wisdom. Well keep up the good example and blessings to you. Plan to come see us sometime. Call or email so we will be home. 517-962-4984
    cshusted@ameritech.net

    ReplyDelete