Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Saturday, March 31, 2012

This is what I know

I know: God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

I know: God has a plan for each of us. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

I know: God knew each one of us and had a plan for us being we were even born. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. " Psalm 139:13-14

This is what I know, but sometimes I just don't understand.  I am holding on these promises because I don't have anything left.

He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.
Philippians 4:19

1 comment:

  1. The Christian life doesn't make sense a lot of the time. A man was being groomed to take over for Mother Theresa as the head of her Hospice House for the dying poor of India. Mother Theresa asked the young man what he would like prayer for. He responded, "None of this makes any sense to me, pray that God would give me clarity!" Mother Theresa rebuked him and said, "No, I will not pray for clarity, but that you would have faith!"

    When things do not make sense, we need not pray for clarity by faith!

    ReplyDelete