Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 Christmas Cookies

I really love making Christmas cookies.  For the last few years, Steve and I have given Christmas cookies to friends and our bosses.  Buckeyes are a favorite. They are so easy to make.


Ingredients: 
  • 1 1/2 cups Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 6 cups powered sugar
  • 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips  

First, you mix the first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl. Cover plates with wax paper, roll the dough into one inch balls and place them onto the plates.  Stick a toothpick into each ball and put the plates into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
Tip: If I am making multiple types of cookies, I make the buckeyes first so they can be in the freezer while I'm working on the other cookies.
After the balls are frozen, you can dip the balls into the melted chocolate.  I melt my chocolate in a small crock pot, because it works really well.
When all the balls have been dipped in chocolate, you put the Buckeyes back into the freezer or refrigerator until they are firm.  Enjoy!
This year, as luck would have it, I had some extra melted chocolate leftover.  So we decided to get creative and just dip whatever we had around the kitchen.  We dipped some granola bars and I made some marshmallow balls with some mini marshmallows and covered them in chocolate.  Oh, the fun things you can do with melted chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment