Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Elfster Recipe Exchange

For Christmas, my online group is going a Christmas card exchange with a recipe inside.  We use elfster.com to put the exchange together.  I picked out my recipe and the perfect card and sent it out on Friday.  Just for fun, I decided to make the recipe while Steve was at work last night. Yum!

Better Than 'Everything' Cake (We'll keep the title family friendly) 

1 German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Jar of Caramel Ice Cream Syrup
1 Can of Condensed Milk
1 Container of Cool Whip
Nuts, Sprinkles (optional)

Directions:


First, you make the cake according to the box.

I baked my cake in a 9 X 13 casserole dish.  You can make it any cake pan.  Bake the cake according the instructions on the box.  When the cake is done, while it is still hot, poke holes all over it with the wooden spoon handle.  Spread a mixture of the caramel and milk filling up the holes.

Cool the cake, then top the cake with the Cool Whip, nuts, sprinkles, or whatever you choose.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Came across your blog on ICLW! Love making this recipe. YUM

    ReplyDelete