Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Friday, December 7, 2012

Bible Study - Grieving God's Way: Fresh Grief

Study: Fresh Grief

VOTD: Matthew 15:29-30-"Jesus...went up on a mountainside and sat down. Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them."

The Healing Process: Jesus went up a mountainside, sat down, and healed everyone who came to Him. It couldn't have been easy for the crippled and blind to journey up a mountain, but it was a necessary part of the healing process. Jesus healed those that reached out to Him, so I don't think we should be afraid to climb the mountain of despair because that is where we will find God's loving arms.

Feel free to Respond

I like the imagery of this verse. I can just imagine all these people struggling and in pain climbing a mountain to see Jesus. I can imagine them wanting to give up because the pain was too much, but if they would have turned around when they pain got bad then they never would have received healing.

The message of the devotional is so spot on too. In the middle of grief, it's hard to hear that things will get better because you want to believe it, but it's hard to imagine feeling happy again. It's a daily journey to becoming better.

Day 32 from Grieving God's Way:

"Those of us in grief don't need anyone to tell us the conditions of the path ahead; we don't want to know. We reject, even resent, reports of splendor down the road. "You'll be a better person," on grieving mother told me. "Who cares?" I wanted to yell. "I don't want to be a better person!" "You'll be happy again," a grieving father said. I wanted to scream, "Are you crazy? I will never be happy again!" Fresh grief is no time to find good in the bad. We don't want to know that the view is great or that wonderful things lie ahead. It's hard to see the view when you are blinded by tears. Nor should we try to sort our feelings about God and faith when we can't even determine night from day."

QOTD: What is your favorite Christmas song?

No comments:

Post a Comment