I captured her laughing.
Our sweet little girl is two months old today. Yesterday, we had her baby dedication. She was beautiful. She had her 2 month doctor's appointment today and got her first shots. She did such a great job. She fussed and cried a little while getting the shots. Poor girl. After I gave her some infant Tylenol, she calmed down a bit and has napped most of the afternoon.
This is Anne before her shots
This is Anne after her shots. She seemed so confused about what happened. She knew that the nurse hurt her but didn't know why. She looked at me to rescue her. She was pretty snuggly when we got home. Then I put her in her swing for a nice long nap.
Eating: Milk is still her favorite food. Steve has been taking the first morning feeding to give her a little extra sleep.Sleeping: We have started trying to set up a bedtime routine. If it's a bath night, we start with a bath. She loves bath time. Then we put her in a sleeper for the night and give her a bedtime snack. She gets a new diaper and while she is getting a diaper change she gets bedtime lotion (a little baby massage) on her belly, arms, and legs. Last, she gets swaddled and rocked to sleep.
She usually sleeps between 3 and 5 hours before waking up again for a new diaper and a snack.
Milestones & Firsts: Well, everything is new for her.Some noteworthy things were:* I love her smiles. I know sometimes it's just gas, but other times I think it's because she recognizes us.* She celebrated her first Thanksgiving with a trip to Michigan.* She had her first sleep over and Grandma's over Thanksgiving weekend. Steve had to work all weekend and I didn't want to be alone in the house the whole time.
* We took her for her first Black Friday shopping. We didn't stay out long and went in the afternoon to avoid the crowds.
* She loves her morning sing-a-long time during her breakfast.
* Her floor mat has gotten quite a bit of play in the last few weeks. She is starting the focus more and reaching for the toys. She isn't grabbing yet, but I think she is close. For now, she just hits them to get them where she wants them and sometimes gets fussy if they don't "listen."
* She has started rolling on her side more and if propped up on her side she will try to roll over. She is not a fan of "tummy-time" anywhere other than on Steve or myself so if she does roll over she gets fussy fast.
* She absolutely loves bath time. It won't be long before she grows out of her sink bathtub.
* She loves to nap in her swing. Sometimes she sleeps up to 3 hours during the day in her swing.