Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Friday, April 13, 2007

Wednesday!

I was sick this week from Sunday to Thursday morning. I dont think the stress of having to drive in tons of snow Wednesday helped much. I'm so glad that is gone. I have been trying to catch up on my sleep and get less stressed. Nurse Wendy told me I'm not allowed to be sick at my wedding. She is so awesome. I am so glad she is my co-leader this year.

This Wednesday was Steve's birthday but we celebrated it on Tuesday because I have Oasis on Wednesday. I felt horrible all day at work on Wednesday so I decided that I wouldnt make it through Oasis. I believe this is the first Oasis I have missed during the school year since I began doing Oasis in the fall of 2000. I haven't seen my girls in 2 weeks since last week was Spring break. I miss them tons. I hope they had a great night.

Here are this weeks questions:
1. What are some words that you would use to describe Jesus?
How is He like you and not like you?



2. Have a student look up and read Galatians 5:22-23:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Did you use any of the words in this passage to described yourself?
Did you use any of these words to describe Jesus?
3. If you had to pick the one you're the strongest in of the nine (love, joy, peace.), which would you choose? If you had to pick the one you're weakest at out of the nine, which one would it be? Why?

4. These are words that will describe us as we become more and more like Christ. But, let's just say that they don't very well right now. What could someone do to get better in one or all of these areas?

5. Have a student look up and read Romans 12:2:
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
One way we can get better is by renewing our minds. What do you think that means and how would you do that? What do you see in this world that Paul is warning us not to do or be like?

6. What is one thing mentioned that you could do to renew your mind that you could practice at school tomorrow?

How do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years? I know that seems like a really long time from now but you are starting your foundation now. Things you are doing now can and will effect your life in the future, either for the good or not. You have a choice to decide today what you stand for. What will define your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment