Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, November 19, 2007

You have 1 Million Dollars

A friend of mine asked me this question the other day, so I've been thinking about it and I thought I would ask my blog readers (if there any out there). :o)

If you won 1 Million Dollars (let's assume this is after taxes): What would you do with it?
Here is my answer:
  1. I would pay off all my debt
  2. I would give about 100,000 to my best friend to buy a new house because they are outgrowing there current living space.
  3. I would buy Steve's best friend, Damian car because doesn't have one and he needs one
  4. I would put about 100,000 into a college savings plan for our future kids
  5. I would put about 100,000 into a savings fund to fund our first few years of Wycliffe ministry
  6. I would put about 100,000 into an Emergeny Fund for unexpected things that come up
  7. I would put about 100,000 into a retirement fund for us to retire
  8. I would give 10% off the top to my church
  9. and put the rest into a special savings account for the purpose of giving away if any our friends or family needed help.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, is that best friend you are buying a house for me? Right? You are too kind :)

    ReplyDelete