Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

29th Birthday Weekend

This year was a great birthday.  Steve and I went to the Bethel College Desert Theater play, "Christmas Belles."  It's a Christmas comedy and it was hilarious.  The deserts were great, of course, too.  My friend, Stacy, was the director and he did a great job on the show.

We actually showed up at the play about an hour early and we were going to walk around the Bethel campus for a little beforehand, but the weather had other plans.  We decided instead to stand under the safety of the dining commons porch and watch the storm.  It was actually cool to watch and the rain misting us felt really good.  We watched several tree branches fall on the Bethel campus.  This made me really nervous that we would come home to fallen branches in our yard (or on our house.) Luckily, we did not lose power at the dining commons though or we would not have been able to watch the play.  That would have been sad.  When we got home, we noticed that all our clocks were blinking, so we must have lost power at some point.  Many people in Michiana are still out power three days later and many had trees/branches come down, so I am very thankful that they tree in our front yard did not fall.  Our neighbor lost the massive tree in his back yard.  If it would have fallen at an angle, it would have crushed his house.

Saturday was my cousin Joe's wedding.  It was a beautiful wedding. Carrie is so awesome. I'm so glad she is officially part of our family now. 

Sunday was Father's Day.  We went over to parents for dinner for the Father's Day/Our Birthday celebration.  Fun times were had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment