Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Storms Again

Wow, we sure got pounded again with storms again last night.  We lost power for a few seconds, but it came right back on.  The news anchor kept saying that the storms weren't as bad as they were on Friday.  They sure felt worse to me.  On Friday, we were at Bethel watching the Desert Theater play and they never even stopped the show and we couldn't hear the storm at all.  We did watch the beginning of the storm before the play started, but it was all over when the play was over.

Is it just me or does it seem like there are more really bad storms this summer, then in the past? Last night, we got a different view sitting in our living room.  I did get confidence that our large tree could handle the storm though.  In the heavy winds, the large branches were barely moving.  This made me feel much less worried about waking up with a tree in my living room.  We went to be after 10 when the storm seemed to be dieing down a bit.

On a really exciting side note, Steve got a text message from his brother this morning that said, "The baby is coming today."  Do you know what they means?  I am going to be an Aunt again some time today.  This will be number 9 on Steve's side.  Let the spoiling begin!

Last night reminded me of a song by Casting Crowns.

I'll Praise You in This Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment