Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Learning to Sew

My mom got to me a sewing maching for my birthday last month.  I haven't sewed anything on the sewing maching since I was in 7th and 8th grade Home Ec class.  In 7th grade, I made a chocolate chip cookie pillow and in 8th grade I made a blue tote bag, which I still have.  I guess now is as good a time as any to learn how to sew.  Now, I just have to figure out how to use it and make project I should make first.  I found a website allfewsewing.com that has some free patterns on it, so I think I'm going to start there.  This should be an adventure. :o)
I wonder if there any sewing classes in the area where I can take classes.  I might learn better if I have someone teaching me, than just teaching myself.  Hopefully, learning to sew will help teach me some patience along the way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment