Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Benefits of Spirit-Filled Living

I got this devotion in my email today.  It was a very timely email, I thought.  I do feel physically, emotionally, and spiritual depleted.  My "security gland" has taken a beating this past few weeks with all the stress of trying to cut back on our budget.  I am learning to lean on God and trust in Him that He will continue to provide for us.  I almost feel guilty for even being stressed because there are so many people out there that are struggling much more than we are.  We are going to be OK.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Dear Bridget,

The Bible proclaims it. Christ promises it. Your life can be filled with love. Joy. Peace. Self control.
Sounds good, right? Perhaps a little too good to be true!
The Christian life is never effortless. But I've got some encouragement for you today: you have been well equipped for the journey!

My hope and prayer for you today is that with God's help and a little spiritual pruning, you will see a powerful difference in your life.



God bless you,

Dr. David Jeremiah
Galatians 5:22-23: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

No comments:

Post a Comment