Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

...I was important in the life of a child.

One hundred years from now it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank, nor what my clothes looked like.

One hundred from now it will not matter what kind of school I attended, what kind of typewriter I used, how large or small my church, but the world may be a little better, because...
I was important in the life of a child. --Anonymous


In Honor of Teachers
You are the molders of their dreams
The gods who build or crush
Their young beliefs of right or wrong.

You are the spark that sets aflame
The poet's hand or lights the flame
of some great singer's song.

You are the god of the young, the very young
You are the guardian of a million dreams
Your every smile or frown
can heal or pierce the heart

You are a hundred lives, a thousand lives.
Yours the pride of loving them
And the sorrow too.

Your patient work, your touch
Make you the goals of hope

Who fill their souls with dreams
To make those dreams come true.
by Ronald Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment