Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Friday, August 26, 2011

Our Crazy Summer

This has been a really busy summer so far in the Pitney household.   We just went entered the new Fiscal year at work.  That means that not only am I am working to finish up the prior Fiscal Year, but I also have get everything started for the new one.  I finished the Annual Data report last week.  I kill a few good trees everything I have to complete that.  It's between 60 and 70 pages long and I need to print 9 final copies of it and I have to do it at the end of every Quarter.   It is interesting to look at the finished report and see what we have done all the year and how many clients we have served.  It tells a fun picture of what we do. 
Due to budget cuts, I am still only working 36 hours a week, plus the hours I'm working at Sears.  We are working to get some new funding to replace what we lost.  We also just finished a big event and we another have one coming up in October.  Walk A Mile: Mens March Against Domestic Violence --> Steve is participating in this and could use your support.

Steve has been working really hard too.  His hours were cut back to 32 hours a week at the YWCA, so that means he will have one day off every week.  That will give him so four day weekends, so he is happy about that.  He is picking up whatever hours he can at Sears to make up the difference.  I really do have a great husband.  He has a really tiring job some weeks, but he still willing to work sometimes up to 24 hours a week at Sears.

With both of us working on average 50 or so hours a week, it makes it interesting to find time to spend together.  God has been providing for us in amazing ways this summer and I trust that He will continue to do so.  There are a few goals that may have to slowed down a little for us, but the important things are still in tact.  This post made me really tired to read. I think I'm going to take a nap...after I make dinner, exercise on the Wii Fit a little, and do some house cleaning.  I have to admit life is pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment