Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Divine Appointments

My former pastor called Divine Appointments those times when God brings people together in surprising ways to meet a need.  Have you ever met someone and they said or did the exact right thing that you needed at that moment?  You knew that God had to be in it.  Time and time again God leads Christians and sometimes non-Christians together to cross another person's path and great things happen.  My last year has been filled with Divine Appointments.

I have always loved the month of November because it's a month to give thanks.  This year I find myself thanking God for my loving husband, my amazing friends, and an online group of ladies that I have never met in person.  This Spring I stepped out of my comfort zone and joined an online group.  I'm usually a pretty private person, so getting my story out there was hard.  I have found nothing but love and support from this group and I hope that I have given love and support back.

Today, I logged in to the group and what I found did not surprise me.  This year has been hard. 2012 will be a year that we will always remember.  We have not been very open about why today is significant in our lives, but of the few people that do know no one remembered, but this group did.

Here are just a few of the messages that I got today.

  • "This am as I was driving the little girl I nanny for to school I saw a sign that said Wycliffe (I think it was the subdivision) and it made me think of you. On the way back to their house after dropping her off I had the sense that I was supposed to pray for you. So while driving I started to pray for you!"
     
  • Extra ((((HUGS)))) for you today.
     
  •  I have been thinking and praying for you extra this week, especially today. I hope that the day is kind to you. I am sending you so many (((hugs)).
  • More here, honey! Big, huge, squishy HUGS!
  • Extra hugs to you today dear! I hope the day is kind to you.
  • Even more bigger hugs your way!  *hugs Bethelgal extra tight*
I believe in Divine Appointments.  I believe these wonderful ladies were brought into my life at the exact time that I needed them.  This is not a group that you volunteer to join, but it's a group that is a god-send and we were all brought together at the perfect time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment