Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Oasis 2006-2007 School Year

Wow! What a year it has been? This year seemed to be a little over shadowed by my engagement and marriage but Oasis is still a huge part of my life. One of my greatest desires in my life is to be a positive role for my students. My group has changed a bit throughout the year. A few students have moved away or stopped coming and some have joined us new within the year, but there have been a few faithful that have been there every Wednesday, or really close to it, the whole year. These girls are special and I want them to succeed to life.

Steve and I started doing a devotional on wisdom after we got married. We read a proverb every day and a little note about what we read. Today's reading got me thinking about my students. We read proverbs 2. Proverbs 2:9-10 says "You will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will find the right way to go. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will fill you with joy." Our quote of the day is: Training in wisdom is life preparation.

God is the ultimate teacher and he wants us to learn as much as we can in our lives. Good teachers and leaders know that someday their students will leave the nest and fly on their own. Our goal is to teach them as best we can so when they get out on their own they will be able to survive on their own. My desire for my students is that they look back on the last year and see it as a year of growth. I hope they made at least one new friend, they learned valuable wisdom, and most of all they took a step towards Jesus. Do they know Jesus a little more personally did they did a year ago?
I wish I could have some assurance that they will make the right choices, but God gave us freewill so they will make their choices. This world is getting tough to be a Christian in, but with the wisdom they have learned this year I believe they will overcome.

As I reflect on the last year, I pray for my girls that they remain strong and avoid the temptations that are so ready to attack them. There is nothing more beautiful than a girl that lives with integrity.
As Graduation comes close, I want them to know that they can count on my even in the years to come. I don't stop being there leader on Graduation day. I am their leader for the rest of their life if they need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment