Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Hate Taxes!

I'm sitting here working on our taxes.  This is not an enjoyable process for me at all.  We usually do them ourselves because we are too cheap to pay someone to do them for us.  We were hoping to use our refund to pay off some debt.  It looks like this year we are going to get a small refund from State and we are going to owe to Federal.   I guess we can just think of it as us doing our part to "spread the wealth around."  I think for next year we are going to change our W-4, so more gets withheld out of our checks.  Sears never seems to take our enough.  Apparently, we didn't take out enough extra in 2010.  It also didn't help that we apparently jumped into the next tax bracket.  I am looking forward to one day moving to Texas where there is no income tax.
But I guess I can be thankful that we pay taxes because that means we have a job.
Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. Proverbs 10:4

No comments:

Post a Comment