Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Fun 2011

I'm the Child of a Cheese Head!
This was a good weekend.  I'm not really a big football fan, but I love being around great friends.  Steve and I hosted the Super Bowl Party again this year.  The weekend started out with both of us having to work Saturday, then cleaning when I got home.  Our vacuum cleaner did not survive the cleaning of the house, so we had to get a new one on Saturday.  Sunday, after church we finished cleaning the house and started making food for the party.
My sis wanted this year's theme to be cheese due to the Packers playing the game.  Normally, I don't really care who wins, but this year the Packers were in it.  One half of my family are Packers fans and the other half are Bears fans, so that makes for fun competition.  The Super Bowl is really about great food, great friends, and commercials, right?  Most years the game is just what happens between the commercials.  Some of the commericals were kinda lame this year, but some were really creative and fun.  I think this was my favorite, but it was hard to choose.
Since Steve and I hosted, we are in charge of the main dishes.  I made a Tuscan Beef Stew in the crock pot, some Honey BBQ and Spicy chicken wings, and an Oreo cake.  I thought they all turned out really well.  Our friends brought some great food too.  I seriously have the great friends every. I am so thankful that I have these people in my life.
Final Score: Pittsburgh Steelers: 25 - Green Bay Packers: 31

Slow Cooker Tuscan Beef Stew - I added some red potatoes and did one can each of red and white kidney beans.
Chocolate-Covered OREO Cookie Cake - I just used store bought chocolate frosting for the top, instead of making my own frosting.  This was heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment