Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, July 23, 2012

Game Night with Friends

Steve and I seriously have the greatest friends, ever!  This was a great weekend.  I have to work all weekend, but the time I had off I spent cleaning up the house to get it ready for Game Night.  Sunday night, our friends Merry and Joe came over for a game night.  They brought over some great food.  They planned a potato and salad bar with all sorts of great toppings.

I made the delicious chocolate delights below.  I think they turned out really tasty.  I used Rocky Road as the bottom ice cream layer and Neapolitan as the middle ice cream layer.  I think next time I'll make more of the cheese cake filling and make that layer bigger.  They did not turn out as pretty as the picture with the recipe; they were pretty good though.  Steve likes cheese cake, but he can't have cream cheese. I never thought of making cheesecake filling with cottage cheese before. I found the recipe in a diabetic recipes cookbook.  I used real sugar, not sugar substitute.  I really liked this idea.

Overall, it was a great night with great friends, great conversations, some great games of Clue and Hangman.  We should really get together more often.


Chocolate Fudge Cheese Cake Parfaits

YIELD Makes 4 servings
INGREDIENTS
1‑1/2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
4 packets sugar substitute or equivalent of 8 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
1‑1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips, divided
2 cups fat-free chocolate ice cream or fat-free frozen yogurt
3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs

PREPARATION:
  1. Combine cottage cheese, sugar substitute, brown sugar and vanilla in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Stir in 1 tablespoon mini chips with wooden spoon.
  2. Spoon about 1/4 cup ice cream into each stemmed glass. Top with heaping tablespoon cheese mixture; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs. Repeat layers. Freeze parfaits 15 to 30 minutes to firm slightly.
  3. Garnish each parfait with remaining 1 tablespoon mini chips and remaining cracker crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment