Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, September 24, 2012

Bible Study: Psalm 139

Verse 1: You have searched me, Lord, and you know me.

Verses 7-10:  
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.

God, I need you to search me and know me.  I know that there is nowhere that I can go to flee from your presence.  You are always near me, even when I feel so alone. 
Nothing and no one can escape your concern.
Verses 13-16:
13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
God, I know you created all life and you love each and every child,
even the children that leave us way too soon.
You knit me together in our mother's womb.  

You made me special and you called me wonderful.
You have never forsaken me.
You saw everyday of my life and wrote my name in your book of life.
Verses 13-16:
23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment