Quote

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
~Isaiah 6:8 NIV
"He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
~Micah 6:8 NASB

Monday, September 8, 2008

Have Parents Completely Lost it?

Parental control crashing the cell phone party
Parental control crashing the cell phone party


I'm sorry but there is no reason that I can see that an 8 year old needs a cell phone. The Verizon guy said it could be helpful if your child is alone alot.
Do parents of 8 years olds regularly leave their child places alone...and I bet they will so surprised when their child is an alcoholic and pregnant before middle school. Maybe I'm crazy, but Steve and I both agree that we would never get our children a cell phone...because they don't need one while they are still living under our roof. Once they get a job and may be driving at night...then maybe, but they will be paying for it themselves. I and most people my age survived just fine through high school without cell phones. We used house phone, pay phones, friend's parent's phones...and we were just fine. My parents were always able to get ahold of me because they knew why I was. I didnt get a cell phone until after college and I got it for the free long distance mainly.

No comments:

Post a Comment